Distance Learning Classroom
The Learning Technology Center's Distance Learning & Teleconference Classroom, staffed by a skilled technician, provides high definition (HD) video and audio links to virtually any teleconferencing facility in the world, via The University of Texas video network, UTNET, webcast, or IP Codec, using compressed digital video technology. It is available to any University of Texas department and public or private organizations sponsored by a UT department.
The room holds up to 35 people and can be arranged in a variety of ways to suit most videoconferencing needs. The DLC features remote control HD cameras, a touch-screen control system, rear-screen projection, and two auxiliary flat panel HD monitors. It also features an instructor's computer, laptop connection, document camera, and telephone. The video systems are operated by staff, so no technical expertise is required of users. Other services available when using the room include:
- Sessions video-recorded on DVD
- Edit, duplicate, or archive recorded sessions
- Flexible room arrangement
- Webcasts on Real Player
- Multi-site conferences
- Satellite view-only conferences
The Distance Learning & Teleconference Classroom is available to any University of Texas department and public or private organizations sponsored by a UT department.
- The room is available between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and prior reservations.
- Requests for semester-long courses have top priority, but must be made at least six months in advance of the semester needed.
- Requests for one-time events should be made at least two weeks before the day needed.
- College of Education courses and activities, then other UT instructional activities, have priority over non-instructional and non UT activities.
- UT Classes and other instructional activities: No Charge
- Non-UT, Non-instructional activities: $40 per hour, one hour minimum
- Outbound, dial-out ISDN Connections: $50, plus actual line charges (No charge for dial-in ISDN connection.)
- If payment is required, payment information must be submitted before a reservation request can be confirmed.